Visit out State Web site:
Wyoming Health Council
Your Rights as a Client of
Western Wyoming Family Planning!!
attempt will be made to maintain the strictest confidentiality regarding
reproductive health care.
We also understand that you have the right to review and copy any or all of my
medical records that Western Wyoming Family Planning owns due to the
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
- All family planning records and data recorded in those records are considered privileged and confidential information.
- The written consent of a family planning client is required for the
release of medical information to any individual including but not limited
to parents, spouse, or significant other.
- The use of disclosure of information obtained from program clients
is limited to:
- Communicable disease case reporting as required by
35-4-130 through 35-4-134.
- The Wyoming Reproductive Health Council Executive Director and/or Nurse Consultant.
- Disclosure information involving child abuse/neglect investigations by Department of Social Services.
- A photocopy of document from a family planning record may be
released without the written consent of the client only upon receipt of a
court order signed by the judge requiring disclosure of the records
described in the court order.
- Unless otherwise specified, a written release from the client is
required before the family planning program may release information.
- The confidentiality requirements set forth above apply both to
information provided by the client and to information which is based on
direct observation of a client’s behavior or condition.
- The release of information with other state or federal agencies for income
verification is permissible and clients should be informed at the time of
the initial visit that information maybe shared with other state or
federal agencies in order to comply with regulatory provisions, i.e.
- Release of family planning information in child custody cases and other
instance which the request comes from an individual other than the client
will be dependent upon State Law usually arising during a court
- Such determinations must be made on a case by case basis. Consult
with legal counsel in response to these requests.
- Under no circumstances are names of family planning clients to be
shared with vendors or other unauthorized personnel.
- In the case of a mentally incompetent client, a responsible person acting
on his or her behalf must sign a release of information form.
“Responsible” persons are usually established by the court by assigning a
If you need to make an appointment or contact us you may do so on our